Friday 31 July 2009

Today in my mailbox

Front side:

    It takes more than saying "God Bless America"

    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
    - 2 Chronicles 7:14


Back side:

    How do you reach the households in your target market?
    Try PREFERRED MAIL ADVERTISING etc...


For one, I have no clue what either side has to do with the other - and to continue, if this is targetted advertising then someone really ought to have a look at his algorithm. (I suggest checking the minus-signs...)

2 comments:

  1. From people who buy, they are already making money. Advertisement are targeted at people who don't buy. That way, I guess it reached the right address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on a bit, that doesn't make sense: they're not trying to sell me anything other than a means of advertising. Now since I don't have anything to sell, there's little point in asking me to use their advertisement services - what would I advertise?

    Even if they were trying to sell me something, to attempt and use a (to my mind irrelevant, but let's leave that for now) Bible passage to try and sell something to a scientist (most of whom turn out to be - if not anti-religious then at least anti-dogma), is rather a good example of not having the faintest idea who you're targetting.

    And even allowing for the fact that they wouldn't have a clue who I am (or who lives at my place) - I live in a student housing complex. Now you guess how many people living in a student housing complex are looking for ways to advertise. My guess would be "fewer than average".

    Anyway, I'm spending way much more attention on this than it deserves. If you don't see the irony of it, so be it - better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete